Senior Service & Commissioning Engineer (Residential) required to join growing London and Surrey based Residential AV Company to assist with increased workload.
Full-time position available to the right candidate. Salary, dependent upon experience. Working hours – Mon/Fri, 8am to 5pm. Vast majority of work in Central London but there may be opportunities to work abroad on specific projects. Vehicle will be provided.
The right candidate must be passionate about the industry and take pride in their work. We are seeking someone who is hardworking, trustworthy and able to work independently. They must be an excellent communicator who is confident at building and maintaining client relationships. In addition, they will need to demonstrate their leadership skills and experience, as well as offer support and guidance to their subordinates to ensure our engineers can deliver to the highest of standards.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Monday to Friday
COVID-19 considerations: Temperature checks are taken at the office and RapidFlow tests are available for all engineers.
Ability to commute/relocate:
Guildford GU3 1NA (Required)
similar level: 5 years (Preferred)
network preconfig and fault finding: 1 year (Preferred)
Remote interview process
Personal protective equipment provided or required
Social distancing guidelines in place
Sanitisation, disinfection or cleaning procedures in place
Skills & Experience required:
· Lighting control – Lutron, Crestron, Control4 predominantly
· Control systems – Crestron and Control4 (broad experience is an advantage). We would like someone who has been on the 4-day Control4 course in York and has experience of programming a variety of C4 systems. In terms of Crestron, we have a Crestron programmer for ‘custom’ systems, and we are now predominantly designing Crestron Home systems for new projects. You will ideally be familiar with Crestron Toolbox and be able to upload software to devices, update firmware and run tools such as debugger in order to fault find with remote support from the programmer. AMX experience also an advantage but not mandatory
· CCTV (Lilin & Axis) – installation of cameras and configuration of NVR
· Data & Wi-Fi (Draytek, Cisco & Ruckus). We would expect all our engineers to have excellent knowledge of IP and be able to setup and commission a network with a Draytek router, Cisco switches and Ruckus access points. We need our engineers to be able to fault find network issues as the network forms the backbone of all our systems and is often the root course of other errors
· Full, clean driving license (vehicle provided) – the vehicles are tracked and therefore efficient time keeping is a necessity as we use these logs for invoicing clients. You must keep the van clean and stocked with small materials at all time
· Good communication skills both written and verbal with the ability to write reports daily to send to the office. We would need a summary email at the end of each day stating what was completed that day and any outstanding issues. Maintenance visits need to be well documented on the day. Communication is key
· Ability to work to the highest quality standards with attention to detail ensuring work is completed thoroughly and solutions found
· Organised and flexible team player with the ability to approach different types of tasks during the working day
· Ability to prioritise and work under pressure is essential