The Human Resources/Operations Manager will develop and administer all human resource initiatives and provide HR support to all departments. He/she will also be responsible for the office and operations management of the organization. By developing and implementing various systems and processes and maintaining positive relationships with vendors, clients, internal staff, and tenants, the Human Resources/ Operations Manager will help CEDIA to function effectively, efficiently, and lawfully.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Manage external payroll and benefit vendor to ensure accuracy and confidentiality in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.
• Research, implement and administer all company benefit plans.
• Maintain all personnel policies and procedures and provide guidance and interpretation to staff.
• Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to HR, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance.
• Maintain knowledge of industry trends and make recommendations to Management Team for improvement of organization's policies, procedures and practices on personnel matters.
• Employee Relations: point person for all staff regarding HR matters.
• Conduct full-cycle recruitment of new employees, including placing advertisements, developing contacts with recruiting sources, interviewing, consulting with internal hiring managers and managing orientation and onboarding process.
• Develop and maintain human resources systems that meet CEDIA's personnel information needs.
• Consult with line management providing HR guidance when appropriate.
• Manage staff training/development program.
• Identify and work with external HR and payroll consultants and attorneys on special projects as needed.
• Maintain all personnel files.
• Oversee performance evaluation process.
• Manage external payroll and benefit vendor ensuring accuracy and confidentiality with all applicable laws and regulations.
Operations Systems Development and Management
• Manage and oversee office services functions including mail, office equipment, supplies, and vendors.
• Serve as the main building contract for building property manager (and tenants as applicable).
• Update and maintain SOPs and operations manuals.
• Serve as the main office contact in absence of receptionist.
• Serve as contact person for employees and vendors regarding office operations.
• Track staff requests pertaining to operations and liaise with building property manager regarding building issues.
• Maintain current professional insurance policies and act as point person for insurance certificate requests from staff, vendors, and clients.
• Perform all other applicable special projects as directed by the Senior Vice President of Operations.
• BA degree in Human Resources, Finance, Business Administration, or related field.
• Minimum 5 years of experience in a Human Resources capacity with PHR/SPHR certification a plus
• Minimum 5 years of experience in Office Management or Operations Management.
• Working knowledge of MS Office.
Ability to exercise confidentiality at all times.
• Excellent integrity, judgment, and ability to build trust at all organizational levels
• Strong written and verbal communications skills. Strong interpersonal skills and adept at employee relations including conflict resolution.
• Highly organized and self-motivated with demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple projects simultaneously
• Demonstrated commitment to working with a diverse staff.
• Ability to present to Senior Management team and staff.
• Non-profit and/or human services background desirable but not required.
This description is intended to indicate the kinds of work duties that will be required in this position. It is not intended to limit, or in any way modify, the rights of any supervisor to assign, direct, and contract work of staff under his/her supervision. The use of a particular illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties, not mentioned, that are of a similar level or difficulty.
Additional Salary Information: CEDIA offers a competitive benefits package including: Health, Dental, Life Insurance, STD, LTD, paid holidays, PTO, 401K, smart casual dress policy, compressed work schedules, and a creative, innovative work environment.
CEDIA is a non-profit the global trade association and central touch point for residential technology with HQ based in Fishers, Indiana. CEDIA is a fast paced and energetic organization with over 40 dedicated staff members in 2 countries and members in approximately 76 countries